The Artful Parent is a lovely site that offers recipes and ideas for art projects with your children.
Today we are making puff paint with kitchen ingredients.
You will need:
2/3 cup of flour
2/3 cup of salt
2/3 cup of water
2 squeeze containers from craft store
1 Tablespoon tempera paint (at least 2 colours)
1. Mix the ingredients together in a big bowl.
2. Measure 1/2 of the mix out into a smaller container.
3. Add 1 Tablespoon of tempera and mix well.
4. Adjust the color by adding 1 teaspoon at a time up to 3 extra teaspoons. The consistency will be similar to stirred sour cream.
5. Pour into squeeze bottle. Repeat with another color for the second ½ of mix.
6. Give your child the bottles and watch them go!!
The mixture will settle over days if not used. You can store the bottles in the fridge for up to week. Shake and remove the plastic wrap for play.