These lucky stars are awesome. Fact.
These lucky stars are fun to make. Opinion.
If you make a whole skyfull of these lucky stars today and make a wish it will come true. Fiction.
*wink... followed by a giggle*
1. Start with a strip of paper (approx 2cm x 20cm, colour optional). Tie a “knot” in the end of your paper.
2. Pull gently to tighten, then flatten.
3. Fold the end of the strip down and tuck it into the knot. (You can cut a bit of it off if it's too long.)
4. Now wrap the other end of the strip around and around this pentagon you have formed, creasing gently as you go.
5. Keep wrapping until you get to the end of the strip. Tuck the last bit of the strip into the pouch. You should be left with a cute little pentagon.
6. Now to make this little pentagon into a star, very gently and slowly use your fingernail to press on the centre of each of its edges. The star should puff out.
And you should have a lovely little lucky star!
It may take some practise to get the star to puff out perfectly, but stick with it... you’ll get it!
If you are having a lot of trouble, try different papers, or try wrapping the strip of paper around without creasing it too much. This helps a bit!
It's going to be a starry starry night tonight..
For further instructions and diagram visit: Origami Fun